Centre nod for 90 border outposts in Jammu: Mehbooba Mufti
The Centre has sanctioned the construction of 90 border outposts along the international border in Jammu, chief minister Mehbooba Mufti has said
Jammu: The Centre has sanctioned the construction of 90 border outposts (BoPs) along the international border (IB) in Jammu, chief minister Mehbooba Mufti said on Thursday.
In a written reply to a question by BJP MLA Kuldeep Raj in the state assembly on Thursday, Mufti said the process of acquisition of land for the BoPs “all along the Indo-Pak border” in the state had been initiated.
The Union home ministry has conveyed its sanction to the construction and functioning of 90 BoPs on the IB in Jammu, she said. In this direction, Rs21,287,111 has been disbursed as compensation for land out of the total Rs36,620,606 received from Centre, Mufti added.
- Narendra Modi affirms his govt’s commitment against corruption
- Banking sector in 4 years of Modi govt: Note ban sets off surge in digital transactions
- Ireland votes to liberalize abortion regime in landslide
- Start-ups spared of tax on angel investment above fair valuation
- Mayawati says she will remain BSP president for next 20 years
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars