Meghalaya election results: CM Mukul Sangma wins from Ampati, Songsak
Meghalaya chief minister and Congress candidate Mukul Sangma wins from both Ampati and Songsak constituencies
Shillong:Meghalaya chief minister and Congress candidate Mukul Sangma wins from both Ampati and Songsak constituencies, Election Commission (EC) officials said.
Sangma, who is the chief minister since 2010, retained Ampati seat defeating his nearest Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) rival Bakul Ch Hajong by over 6,000 votes.
He also won from Songsak constituency defeating his nearest National People’s Party rival Nihim D. Shira by over 1,300 votes.The BJP was in the third position.
Also Read: Meghalaya election results live updates
The chief minister’s wife Dikkanchi D Shira also won from Mahendraganj seat defeating her nearest BJP rival Premananda Koch by over 6,000 votes, EC officials said. Polling for 59 seats of the 60-member Meghalaya assembly was held on 27 February.
Editor's Picks »
- RITES IPO opens today, analysts say valuation attractive
- Piyush Goyal says govt will look into RBI demand for more powers over state-run lenders
- Public sector banks to focus on credit needs of good borrowers: FM
- SBI’s Rajnish Kumar says banks agree fragmentation in the industry is not good
- IIFL arm looks to raise Rs746 crore from institutional investors