Krishi Kalyan cess from Wednesday; here’s what it will impact
- Farm distress is now haunting us: NITI Aayog’s Rajiv Kumar
- Uttam Galva gets nod for change in ArcelorMittal Netherlands’s profile
- Ujjawala scheme: Indian Oil, others defer loan recovery up to 6 refills
- Lingayats and Veershaiva one and the same, says All India Veershaiva Mahasabha
- Raghuram Rajan, corporate leaders to set up Rs750 crore university
The Krishi Kalyan cess of 0.5% was announced in this year’s budget by finance minister Arun Jaitley to build rural infrastructure in India. It will be levied on all taxable services from 1 June in addition to the Swachh Bharat cess of 0.5% and the existing service tax of 14%.
Only those services which are under a so-called negative list will be exempt from this levy.