Narendra Modi launches Mission Bhagiratha in maiden Telangana visit
Narendra Modi unveils plaque in Medak district’s Komatibanda village under Gajwel constituency, represented by Telangana chief minister KCR, and turns on a tap on the premises to mark the occasion
Gajwel (Telangana): Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday launched the phase-1 of Mission Bhagiratha, a flagship project of the Telangana government aimed at providing piped drinking water to every household in the state.
Modi unveiled a plaque in Medak district’s Komatibanda village under Gajwel constituency, represented in the assembly by Telangana chief minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao (KCR), and formally turned on a water tap on the premises to mark the occasion.
This is the Prime Minister’s maiden visit to Telangana after formation of the state in June 2014. On the occasion, Modi also unveiled plaques to mark the laying of foundation stone for the 152-km Manoharabad- Kothapalli new railway line (connecting Hyderabad and Karimnagar), NTPC Ltd’s Telangana Super Thermal Power Project Stage-1 (2x800 MW), Ramagundam, Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences, Warangal and revival of Ramagundam fertilizer plant in Karimnagar district.
He also dedicated to the nation the Singareni Thermal Power Project (2X600 MW) at Jaipur in Adilabad district. Besides, governor of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh E.S.L. Narasimhan and chief minister Rao, Union ministers M. Venkaiah Naidu, H.N. Ananth Kumar, Suresh Prabhu, Piyush Goyal and Bandaru Dattatreya were among those present on the occasion.
Editor's Picks »
- Mukesh Ambani vs Jeff Bezos set to begin from Gujarat
- Marco Pierre White: ‘Chefs are not geniuses or artists, they are just workers’
- RBI will take steps to help sustain growth: Shaktikanta Das
- India is at par with China in space race: Isro’s K. Sivan
- AAP rules out alliance with Congress for Elections 2019
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies