Army jawan killed in Pakistan firing in KG sector in Jammu and Kashmir
An army jawan was killed as Pakistani troops resorted to unprovoked firing on Indian posts along the line of control (LoC) in Krishna Ghati sector in Jammu and Kashmir
Jammu: An army jawan was killed as Pakistani troops resorted to unprovoked firing on Indian posts along the line of control (LoC) in Krishna Ghati sector in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir Saturday evening, a defence spokesman said.
He said the Pakistan Army initiated the unprovoked firing on the Indian Army posts at around 5pm on Saturday. “The Indian Army retaliated strongly and effectively,” he said.
In the exchange of fire, Naib Subedar Jagram Singh Tomar (42), resident of Madhya Pradesh, was grievously injured and later succumbed to injuries, the spokesman said. Tomar, who hailed from Tarsana village in Morena district in MP, is survived by his wife Omavati Devi, a son and a daughter, the spokesman said.
“He was a brave and sincere soldier. The nation will always remain indebted to him for the supreme sacrifice and devotion to duty,” he added.
- Donald Trump says US team in North Korea planning summit with Kim Jong Un
- Women at the forefront of anti-Sterlite protests
- Kerala: Chengannur bypoll today, CPM, Congress gear up to thwart BJP
- Why Palghar bypoll is important for BJP in Maharashtra
- Chandrababu Naidu sounds poll bugle for 2019 elections, tears into BJP
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars