IMD warns of thunderstorm, squall in Delhi-NCR tonight
India Meteorological Department (IMD) says a dust storm or thunderstorm accompanied with wind with speed of over 80 kmph would hit the Delhi-National Capital Region tonight
New Delhi: The India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Saturday warned that a thunderstorm would hit the Delhi-NCR late tonight.
A dust storm or thunderstorm accompanied with squall and wind with speed of over 80 kmph would hit the Delhi-National Capital Region, the IMD said in a statement.
On 17 May, gusty winds with a speed of up to 71 kmph coupled with light rain had swept across the national capital.
An 18-year-old man was killed and 13 people were injured in the dust storm that hit Delhi in the early hours on 16 May.
- Elections 2019: India Shining 2.0 surfaces in Rural India
- Yamuna Expressway land scam: Another accused arrested in the Rs 126 crore fraud case
- India plans to pay five Iran banks for oil purchases
- Why credibility of India’s fiscal math is under strain
- You can now file e-FIR from Delhi airport, police sets up kiosk at T-3
Editor's Picks »
- NGT lifeline for Vedanta’s Sterlite copper plant in Thoothukudi awaits political test
- Worries about slowdown in global economy are mounting
- Core inflation flourishes in Rural India amid growing agrarian crisis
- Agrarian, liquidity crisis weigh on India consumption story
- What a Brookfield-Leela deal means for the hotels sector