10 feared dead at explosive factory fire near Trichy in Tamil Nadu
The casualties and number of those injured are likely to increase in a fire that broke out at an explosive manufacturing unit in Thuraiyur near Trichy
- Narendra Modi affirms his govt’s commitment against corruption
- Banking sector in 4 years of Modi govt: Note ban sets off surge in digital transactions
- Ireland votes to liberalize abortion regime in landslide
- Start-ups spared of tax on angel investment above fair valuation
- Mayawati says she will remain BSP president for next 20 years
Chennai: Fire broke out at an explosive manufacturing unit in Thuraiyur near Trichy, Tamil Nadu, on Thursday morning around 7am.
At least 10 are feared to be dead reported Tamil newspaper Dina Malar. As more than 50 employees resumed work in the factory on Thursday morning, a fire broke out leading to the collapse of a building in the manufacturing unit.
The casualties and number of those injured are likely to increase.
Around 10 ambulances and six fire service engines have been rushed to spot. Fire has engulfed the entire area, making it difficult for rescue operations. The reason for the fire accident is not known.
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars