Ease of Doing Business index: India can figure in top-25 in next 3 years, says Kant
India was ranked 100th in the World Bank’s Doing Business Report last year
New Delhi: Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant Thursday expressed hope that India can figure in top-25 nations in the World Bank Ease of Doing Business ranking in next three years.
Kant said India, which has jumped 23 places to the 77th position in the ‘ease of doing business’ ranking released Wednesday, can reach top 50 in the ranking next year.
“This is a spectacular performance (jump in rankings).. No country of this size and complexity has achieved this..Jump of 65 positions in three years..It was Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision to reach within top 50 position in 5 years. It is very important to reach within top 25 in 3 years,” Kant said on the sidelines of an event in the capital.
India was ranked 100th in the World Bank’s Doing Business Report last year.
The ranking comes as a shot in the arm for the government which faces strong dissenting voices from opposition parties ahead of the general elections next year.
(This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.)
Editor's Picks »
- Mukesh Ambani vs Jeff Bezos set to begin from Gujarat
- Marco Pierre White: ‘Chefs are not geniuses or artists, they are just workers’
- RBI will take steps to help sustain growth: Shaktikanta Das
- India is at par with China in space race: Isro’s K. Sivan
- AAP rules out alliance with Congress for Elections 2019
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies