Heavy rains lash parts of Uttar Pradesh, many rivers in spate
Lucknow: Heavy rains lashed a few regions in Uttar Pradesh, while some rivers, including Ghaghra, Sharda and Rohin, were flowing above the danger mark at some places, officials said on Thursday.
The Sharda river was flowing above the danger mark in Pallia Kalan, while the Ghagra was flowing above the danger mark at Elgin Bridge.
The water level of the Rohin river was above the red mark at Trimohni Ghat in Mahrajganj, according to a Central Water Commission (CWC) report.
The MeT department said the monsoon was normal over Western UP and weak over the eastern part of the state.
Light to moderate rain/thundershower occurred at a few places. Mohroni recorded 7cm of rainfall, followed by Lalganj, Gazipur, Salempur and Azamgarh 3cm each.
The MeT office has forecast rain/thundershower at a few places in eastern Uttar Pradesh tomorrow.
- CPM rules out alliance with Congress, but to have ‘understanding’
- SCO meet: No bilaterals between foreign, defence ministers of India, Pakistan
- Income tax dept steps up surveillance to crack down on unaccounted use of funds
- HDFC Bank Q4 net profit rises 20% to Rs4,799 crore
- Right to equality can be invoked if COC violates bankruptcy code: NCLT chairman