Govt will only provide subsidy to mills that export sugar: Ram Vilas Paswan
Food Minister Ram Vilas Paswan says sugar production will outstrip local demand and we will ensure all mills export the sweetener
Mumbai: India will only provide financial assistance to sugar mills that export the sweetener, Food Minister Ram Vilas Paswan told reporters on Thursday.
India’s production will outstrip local demand and we will ensure all mills export the sweetener, Paswan said on the sidelines of the Globoil India conference.
- A country where some live with fear has failed
- Congress wins Chhattisgarh by a landslide, puts an end to Raman Singh era
- Opinion| A comprehensive rejection of BJP by Chhattisgarh
- Opinion: Why Urjit Patel will not be missed as RBI governor
- Even the Raman Singh factor could not prevent the BJP debacle in Chhattisgarh
Editor's Picks »
- Escorts: Japanese joint venture to hone growth in tractors
- HCL Tech’s acquisition of IBM products raises more questions than answers
- Investors ignore NMDC’s price cuts, and worry about its Donimalai iron ore mine instead
- Steel stocks get winter chill as China demand issues resurface
- Why Uday Kotak’s defiance is scaring his bank’s investors