Army recruitment: Govt approves online entrance exam, orders probe of paper leak
The government has ordered a CBI probe into the paper leak that happened during the last round of Army recruitment
New Delhi: The government has approved introduction of online entrance examination for recruitment of personnel for various ranks in the army, following an incident of paper leak.
Ahead of a common entrance examination for recruitment of other ranks in the army last month, a case of paper leak was reported under its recruiting zone of Pune.
In a written response to a question in the Lok Sabha, Subhash Bhamre, minister of state for defence said, the government has ordered a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the incident. He said, seven cases of paper leak have been reported during the last three years.
“Strict instructions have been issued to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and that any violations will be strictly dealt with. Further, the government has approved introduction of Online Entrance Examination for recruitment of other ranks in the army,” Bhamre said.
Editor's Picks »
- Risks emerge for Ramakrishna Forgings, Bharat Forge, Motherson Sumi as heavy-duty trucks face headwinds
- Surprise! Global equity valuations hold in spite of negative growth concerns
- Coal India shares fail to kindle the fire
- RBI surveys show where the battle is during elections
- Why mills aren’t worried about low cotton production yet