IMD issues heat wave alert for central Maharashtra, Marathwada
Heat wave conditions are also going to prevail in parts of west Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, as per the India Meteorological Department
- Bhupesh Baghel named new chief minister of Chhatisgarh
- P.V. Sindhu becomes the first Indian to win BWF World Tour Finals
- Countries agree rules for implementing Paris climate treaty at UN summit
- May said to warn Merkel, Macron their Brexit deal is almost dead
- Rafale verdict: Centre moves application in Supreme Court
Mumbai: The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has issued a heat wave alert for Central Maharashtra and Marathwada.
With the day temperatures already rising, the mercury is likely to soar further at some places in Central Maharashtra and Marathwada since north India is witnessing severe heat wave like conditions, an IMD official said on Monday.
The northerly winds bring dry and hot winds to Maharashtra which have increased the day temperatures at several places in the state.
The Marathwada region is expected to witness heat wave like conditions today which may subsidise tomorrow, according to a statement of the IMD.
It also said that Central Maharashtra will have heat wave like conditions today and tomorrow. As per the IMD, some places in west Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh would also face heat wave like conditions.
Editor's Picks »
- Markets yet to warm up to KEC International’s record order book
- Indraprastha Gas and Mahanagar Gas shares are low on fuel
- Overhang of capacity constraints lifts for ACC, Ambuja Cements
- Stock market traders fall for the ‘buy rural’ narrative, once again
- Continuing volume momentum puts Indian ports in a good position