Donald Trump says agrees with US intelligence assessment of Russian meddling
US President Donald Trump says he is not interested in arguing with Vladimir Putin over meddling in last year’s US election and wanted to get on with Russia to work on world problems
Hanoi: US President Donald Trump said on Sunday that he agreed with the US intelligence community’s assessment on Russian meddling in last year’s US election.
He was speaking a day after meeting Russian President Vladimir Putin and saying he believed the Russian leader when he denied accusations that Russia meddled, despite US intelligence agencies’ conclusion of Russian interference.
Addressing a news conference during a visit to Vietnam, Trump said he was not interested in arguing with Putin over meddling and wanted to get on with Russia to work on world problems.
“What he believes, he believes,” Trump said of Putin’s belief that Russia did not meddle. Reuters
- China and Europe warn trade war could trigger global recession
- BJP, Sena set for fresh face-off in Maharashtra Council polls
- NBCC agrees in Delhi high court not to cut trees in south Delhi till 4 July
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan triumph takes Turkey into the era of one-man rule
- Capital cost for $4.5 trillion infra investment a challenge: Piyush Goyal
Editor's Picks »
- Future of Big Oil increasingly shaped by the fate of global gas
- IDBI Bank LIC stake sale deal: FinMin official says boards to take a call
- E-commerce firms focusing on AI, virtual reality to cut logistics cost and fraudulent orders
- How to save income tax by rejigging your salary
- IndiGo chief commercial officer quits, shares down 2%