Gujarat Elections 2017 dates soon, results on 18 December: Election Commission
While Gujarat election dates haven’t been announced, Election Commission said the counting of votes will take place on 18 December
New Delhi: The Election Commission (EC) on Thursday announced that Gujarat elections will be held before 18 December, while Himachal Pradesh elections will take place on 9 November. The counting of votes will take place on 18 December.
The model code of conduct gets implemented immediately in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh as the election schedule has been announced and will be in effect till the process of election gets completed.
The model code of conduct deals with a guidance for general conduct of political parties during this duration to promote a level-playing field for polls.
In the 2012 Gujarat elections, the BJP won 115 out of 182 seats with a vote share of 47.85%, while the Congress won 61 seats with 38.93% share. The term of the current Gujarat assembly ends on 22 January 2018.
- Flexi fare may force railways passengers to opt for airlines, says CAG
- Maharashtra announces ₹21,222 crore special package for Vidarbha, Marathwada
- Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin morphed in latest Time cover
- PM Modi vs Rahul Gandhi: Hug, wink and slip of tongue
- Donald Trump ready to slap duties on $500 billion Chinese imports
Editor's Picks »
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself