Claim Check: Narendra Modi on Gujarat’s Jyotigram Yojana
Modi claims the Jyotigram Yojana has made power available 24X7, 365 days, thereby energizing the rural lives, businesses and industry
Claim: Gujarat’s Jyotigram Yojana has made 24X7, 365 days, 3-phase uninterrupted power available, thereby energizing the rural lives, businesses and industry.
Who: BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
When: On 15 October in a video conference addressing the Washington-based Global Meet of Emerging Market Forum.
Check: He is partially correct.
Gujarat’s Jyotigram scheme separates agricultural feeders from domestic feeders. This has resulted in agricultural connections such as irrigation pumpsets getting around eight hours (and not 24 hours) of electricity supply, with other consumers getting 24X7 electricity with good voltage. This has had a positive impact on small-scale industries in rural areas. It has also brought down transmission and distribution losses. The model is now being followed in most of the states.
Source: Mint research
- KMP Expressway inauguration by PM Modi on 19 Nov: 5 things to know
- OPEC president says group, allies will cut oil output as needed
- Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Q2 net profit up 11%
- Trump praises ‘incredible’ role played by Indian-Americans in his admin
- RBI, govt trying to reach common ground on some key issues