Sanitation: A year of action but what about outcomes?
- Flipkart could sale controlling stake to Walmart as early as next week
- Narendra Modi holds talks with German Chancellor Angela Merkel
- Walmart nominates McDonald’s CEO Steve Easterbrook to board
- Apple to replace some MacBook Pro faulty batteries
- Karnataka elections: JD(S) leader HD Kumaraswamy files his 2nd nomination from Channapatna
2016-17 has seen a significant increase in the pace of activity under Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin). Expenditure has increased significantly, as has toilet construction. In 2016, 24% of India’s villages declared themselves open defecation free (ODF), including two states that joined Sikkim to being the first three ODF states in the country. But is this increased activity leading to change on the ground?