Qatar denounces ‘illegal siege’ by Gulf neighbours as crisis drags on
- Top Bollywood studios are betting on regional cinema this year
- India to push for local manufacturing of APIs, reduce dependence on China
- SGX profit jumps to decade high, focus on new India products
- It’s not about auditions, it’s about emotions: Deepak Dhar
- Sebi strengthens procedures for dividend payment, transfer of securities
Dubai: Qatar denounced the decision of a Saudi-led alliance decision to sever diplomatic ties and transport links with the country, calling it an “illegal siege’’ designed to apply political pressure.
The actions by Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Bahrain can’t be called a “boycott’’ and is in fact an “illegal siege,’’ according to a statement carried by the official news agency.
It said Qatar has enough food and medical supplies, according to the statement, an apparent response to Saudi Arabia’s offer to send aid to the country. Bloomberg