Economic Advisory Council brainstorms over Modicare
PM Narendra Modi’s Economic Advisory Council on Monday brainstorms over implementing the national health protection scheme proposed in the 2018-19 Budget
New Delhi: The Economic Advisory Council to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday discussed ways of implementing the national health protection scheme (NHPS) proposed in the 2018-19 union budget by finance minister Arun Jaitley.
The Council, led by chairman Bibek Debroy, discussed possible modalities of implementing the scheme, according to an official statement. The federal policy think tank NITI Aayog, of which Debroy is a member, is working out the finer point of the scheme in consultation with central ministries and states.
The scheme seeks to give health cover of up to Rs5 lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization to over 100 million poor and vulnerable families with approximately 500 million beneficiaries. Finance minister Arun Jaitley, who announced the scheme in his 2018-19 budget speech had assured that adequate funds will be provided for smooth implementation of the scheme.
- Start-ups spared of tax on angel investment above fair valuation
- BSP should be ready to fight polls solo, says Mayawati
- Narendra Modi asks people to rate his govt on his NaMo app
- Some issues with Congress over portfolio allocation, says H.D. Kumaraswamy
- Moon, Kim discuss scrapped US summit as Donald Trump signals optimism
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars