Railway stations to be revamped to smart stations: Suresh Prabhu
Habibganj station in Bhopal will be the first station to be re-developed following which eight more will be selected
- Donald Trump can’t block users on Twitter, judge rules
- Donald Trump orders probe to consider tariffs on US auto import
- No compromise in sight on Iran nuclear deal, says Germany
- North Korea warns of nuclear crisis in threat to scrap summit
- Saudi Arabia’s $80 oil goal is eating into Narendra Modi’s budget ahead of elections
New Delhi: The railway station revamp plan under which 400 stations would get a facelift will now seek to develop them into smart stations that would offer passengers better amenities than airports.
Railway minister Suresh Prabhu said at an event on Wednesday that Habibganj station in Bhopal will be the first station to be re-developed following which eight more will be selected.
The minister said the government’s initiative of developing 100 smart cities would be leveraged by the railway ministry to develop smart railway stations that would give passengers a great experience.
Editor's Picks »
- Apple is said to use Volkswagen self-driving vans for employees
- Lack of vendor capacity seen as hurdle for Maruti Suzuki’s future growth
- BMW looking to lead growth in India’s luxury car market: Vikram Pawah
- From market place to multi-brand, why India’s retail policies must evolve
- The Times They Are a Changin’: Delhi joins Bob Dylan birthday bash