Two SBI female bank staff foil robbery bid in Gurugram, 2 held
The Gurugram police say two female employees of SBI foiled a robbery bid by two armed men after overpowering them in Badshahpur branch in Gurugram
- Some issues with Congress over portfolio allocation, says H.D. Kumaraswamy
- Moon, Kim discuss scrapped US summit as Donald Trump signals optimism
- Taking stock of Narendra Modi government after four years
- All 7 ITR forms for assessment year 2018-19 activated for e-filing: Income Tax Department
- Bats not primary source of Nipah virus outbreak in Kerala: report
Gurugram: Two female bank employees on Monday foiled a robbery bid by two armed persons after overpowering them in Badshahpur branch of SBI in Gurugram, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place on Monday around 1pm when two persons with firearms entered State Bank of India’s branch and locked it from inside, PRO of Gurgaon Police, ACP Manish Sehgal said.
The duo tried to take both the women employees hostage on gun point but they fought back and snatched the pistol from one of the miscreants, he said. The two women then raised alarm and with the help of locals, who rushed inside the bank branch, nabbed the two accused, Sehgal said, adding the accused were thrashed before being handed over to police.
“We will definitely give these women employees reward for their bravery and courage by which they have set an example for other people to fight back such criminals. “We will reward them within couple of days soon,” Gurgaon Police commissioner Sandeep Khirwar said
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars