Nagaland election results 2018: CM T. R. Zeliang wins by over 5,000 votes
Nagaland chief minister T. R. Zeliang retains Peren constituency by defeating his nearest NDPP rival Iherie Ndang by 5,432 votes
Kohima: Nagaland chief minister and Nagaland Peoples Front (NPF) candidate T. R. Zeliang retained his Peren constituency Saturday defeating his nearest NDPP rival Iherie Ndang by 5,432 votes, Election Commission (EC) officials said.
Zeliang bagged 14,064 votes while Ndang of the Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party secured 8,632 votes. In the last Assembly election in 2013, Zeliang had won the seat by a margin of 2,636 votes.
Editor's Picks »
- Is Reliance Jio really the most profitable telecom firm?
- Bond yields fall after RBI bond purchase announcement
- Get fresh home cooked food at work from a kitchen near you
- For your next offsite, opt for offbeat destinations
- Stock Market LIVE: Sensex rises 120 points, Nifty at 10750, pharma, auto stocks lead