NCPI: No switching fee for RuPay PoS transactions till 31 December
- Farm distress is now haunting us: NITI Aayog’s Rajiv Kumar
- Uttam Galva gets nod for change in ArcelorMittal Netherlands’s profile
- Ujjawala scheme: Indian Oil, others defer loan recovery up to 6 refills
- Lingayats and Veershaiva one and the same, says All India Veershaiva Mahasabha
- Raghuram Rajan, corporate leaders to set up Rs750 crore university
Mumbai: The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) on Monday said it has waived till year-end the switching fee for all RuPay issuing and acquiring member banks for point of sales (PoS) and e-commerce transactions.
The switching fee is waived effective 11 November till 31 December 2016, NPCI said in a statement here on Monday. The charges were at Rs0.60 to card issuing bank (issuer) and Rs0.30 to card accepting bank (acquirer) for PoS and e-commerce transactions.
“The objective is to support banks in the activation of existing RuPay cards, issuance of new cards to un-carded customers and to widen the acceptance points,” NPCI managing director and CEO A P Hota said.
The country has about 14 lakh PoS terminals and the acceptance points are growing. With right push, 755 million debit cards customers can generate about 50 million card transactions a day from the current level of hardly 5 million transactions, NPCI said.