India giving rice and wheat production vast support, US tells WTO
India’s apparent MPS for wheat appears to have been over 60% of the value of production in each of the last four years for which India has notified data, says US
Geneva: India is supporting its rice and wheat farmers with payments that are far higher than the amounts it has officially notified to the World Trade Organization, the United States said in a statement published by the WTO on Wednesday.
“It appears that India provides market price support (MPS) for wheat and rice vastly in excess of what it has reported to the WTO,” the US statement said.
“India’s apparent MPS for wheat appears to have been over 60% of the value of production in each of the last four years for which India has notified data. Its apparent MPS for rice appears to have been over 70%.”
- Rahul Gandhi to campaign in Telangana on 20 October
- Palaniswami turns to PM Modi over Tamil Nadu fishermen held captive in Sri Lanka
- As poll battle intensifies, PM Modi to address 20 meetings in 3 states
- Number of Zika cases rises to 80 in Jaipur
- Congress eyes Rajput votes as BJP’s Manvendra Singh joins party