AAI to invest Rs1,500 crore for developing airports
AAI will invest about Rs1,500 crore to upgrade airports in Lucknow, Allahabad, Deoghar and build a new airport at Hirasar in Rajkot, to meet increasing demand for air travel
New Delhi: The Airports Authority of India (AAI) will invest about Rs1,500 crore to upgrade airports in Lucknow and Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh, and Deoghar in Jharkhand and building a new airport at Hirasar in Rajkot, Gujarat, to meet increasing demand for air travel.
“AAI plans to construct new integrated passenger terminal building at Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport, Lucknow with estimated cost of Rs1,230 crore resultant of the increasing passenger traffic during the last 5 years. The new terminal will be able to handle 4,000 passengers during peak hours and 6.35 million passengers per annum,” AAI said in a statement on Monday.
To meet increasing demand in Allahabad, AAI said it would develop a new civil enclave at an estimated cost of Rs125.76 crore. The new terminal will be made operational before the Ardh Kumbh Mela to be held in January 2019.
The authority will also develop the Deoghar airport in Jharkhand, to facilitate the joint use of civil operation up to Airbus-320 and DRDO operation up to C-130 type of aircraft. The work will be carried out at an estimated cost of Rs401.34 crore on a fixed cost basis and Rs427.43 crore on a completion cost basis.
AAI will also take up the work of development of a greenfield airport at Hirasar in Gujarat on a build, operate and maintain (BOM) basis.
“State government of Gujarat has provided the land free of cost and proposed the construction of new greenfield airport to meet the traffic demand potential of Saurashtra region, matching the growth in economic activity and distinguished population profile having very high number i.e. 50% of total NRIs of Gujarat from Saurashtra. The present airport doesn’t have the infrastructure to handle the growing traffic due to capacity constraint,” AAI added.
- Narendra Modi launches Ayushman Bharat scheme from Jharkhand’s Ranchi
- US may restrict Green Cards to aid recipients in new crackdown
- TDP MLA Kidari Sarveswara Rao killed in Naxal attack at Araku in Visakhapatnam
- Francois Hollande’s initial Rafale remarks questionable: Arun Jaitley
- Narendra Modi to launch Ayushman Bharat scheme from Jharkhand today
Editor's Picks »
- Ransomware, fileless attacks and cold boot give firms the shivers
- VMware: Taking the smart cloud to where data resides
- Internet of Things (IoT) startups that improve efficiency
- Regional languages give Indian startups a voice of their own
- DHFL, IL&FS aftermath: RBI and Sebi join hands to calm volatile markets
- India’s renewable energy sector hits a milestone but loses speed
- All eyes now on share swap ratio in this mega bank merger
- Jet Privilege can actually get higher valuation than Jet Airways
- Profitability of cement firms to take a hit due to weak prices, high costs
- Pidilite’s shares hold their ground despite weak rupee and rising crude