PM Modi reviews preparedness for launch of National Health Protection Scheme
PM Narendra Modi reviews preparedness for launch of Ayushman Bharat—the National Health Protection Scheme announced in the Union Budget
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday reviewed the preparedness for launch of Ayushman Bharat—the National Health Protection Scheme (NHPS) announced in the Union Budget.
At a high-level meeting, which stretched for over two hours, the prime minister was apprised about the work done so far by top officials of the PMO, the health ministry and the Niti Aayog for the smooth roll-out of the scheme, an official statement said.
The NHPS is envisaged to provide medical cover of up to Rs5 lakh to over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families, constituting 40% of total population. The beneficiaries will be able to avail cashless benefits across India. Modi also reviewed preparations for delivering comprehensive primary health care through health and wellness centres.
He told officials to work towards a well-designed and targeted scheme, which delivers benefits to the poor and weaker sections of society, the statement read.
- Banks turned wary of NBFCs months before IL&FS defaults
- HUL Q2: Rising input costs face off against healthy demand growth
- Q2 results: DMart finally set to face a reality check
- Temporary staffing: Decent employee additions, margin pressures may sustain
- Gujarat relief for Tata Power, Adani Power underlines sector’s harsh reality