Uttar Pradesh ATS arrests 3 terror suspects in major operation
- Bharti Infratel board reappoints Akhil Kumar Gupta as executive chairman
- Toyota starts booking for Yaris ahead of May launch
- Facebook results to be scoured for evidence of user defections
- Volkswagen open to revisiting Tata tie-up for India mass market
- Videocon moves NCLT principal bench for consolidation of all insolvency proceedings
Lucknow: In a major operation carried out jointly with police teams of five states, the Uttar Pradesh Anti-Terror Squad (ATS) on Thursday arrested three suspected terrorists.
Following joint operations carried out early this morning in Mumbai, Jalandhar, Narkatiaganj (Bihar), Bijnor and Muzaffarnagar, three persons were arrested on charges of hatching terror conspiracies, a UP ATS spokesman said in Lucknow.
The arrests have been made in Mumbai, Jalandhar in Punjab and Bijnor in Uttar Pradesh, the spokesman said. Six others were being interrogated, he said. The joint operation was carried out by Special Cell Delhi Police, Intelligence Cell Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra ATS, Punjab Police, Bihar Police and UP ATS.