IMD forecasts heavy rains in northeast, Maharashtara tomorrow
India Meteorological Department (IMD) predicts heavy rains in the northeastern states, Maharashtara on Sunday, and dust storms in Rajasthan
New Delhi: The weatherman has predicted heavy rains in the northeastern states and Maharashtara on Sunday, and dust storms in Rajasthan.
Hot weather conditions will prevail over north and central India and warm conditions are very likely in a few areas of Madhya Pradesh tomorrow, the Met Department said.
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) predicted heavy rains at isolated places over West Bengal, Sikkim, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, and Maharashtra. “Dust storms are likely at isolated places over Rajasthan,” it said.
Thunderstorms and squalls are very likely at isolated places over Gangetic West Bengal. “Thunderstorms, gusty winds and lightning are very likely in Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Vidarbha, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, West Bengal and Sikkim, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka and Odisha,” the advisory said.
Editor's Picks »
- India’s renewable energy sector hits a milestone but loses speed
- All eyes now on share swap ratio in this mega bank merger
- Jet Privilege can actually get higher valuation than Jet Airways
- Profitability of cement firms to take a hit due to weak prices, high costs
- Pidilite’s shares hold their ground despite weak rupee and rising crude