Amit Shah invites Bihar CM Nitish Kumar to join NDA
BJP chief Amit Shah invites Bihar CM and JD(U) president Nitish Kumar to join the ruling NDA, following the latter’s alliance with the saffron party in the state to form a new government
- Donald Trump says US team in North Korea planning summit with Kim Jong Un
- Women at the forefront of anti-Sterlite protests
- Kerala: Chengannur bypoll today, CPM, Congress gear up to thwart BJP
- Why Palghar bypoll is important for BJP in Maharashtra
- Chandrababu Naidu sounds poll bugle for 2019 elections, tears into BJP
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party president Amit Shah has invited Bihar chief minister and Janata Dal (United) president Nitish Kumar to join the ruling NDA, following the latter’s alliance with the saffron party in the state to form a new government.
“I met JD(U) president Nitish Kumar at my residence yesterday. I invited JD(U) to join the NDA,” Shah said in a tweet today.
कल JD(U) के राष्ट्रीय अध्यक्ष श्री @NitishKumar जी से अपने निवास पर भेंट हुई। मैंने उन्हें JD(U) को NDA में शामिल होने के लिए आमंत्रित किया।— Amit Shah (@AmitShah) August 12, 2017
The Bihar-based party is expected to endorse a proposal to join the the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) in its national executive meeting in Patna on 19 August, after which it is likely to join the Narendra Modi cabinet.
Asked if the party would join the Modi cabinet, a JD(U) leader said such a decision would be “natural”. “When we are together in government in Bihar, it is only natural that our party joins the Union government,” he said.
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars