IRCTC orders enquiry into complaint on food of Duronto Express
IRCTC has ordered an enquiry into a complaint by a passenger of the 12246 Yeswantpur-Howrah Duronto Express about the quality of food served to him in the train
Kolkata: The Railway’s food catering arm Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has ordered an enquiry into a complaint by a passenger of the 12246 Yeswantpur-Howrah Duronto Express about the quality of food served to him in the train, an IRCTC official said on Tuesday.
IRCTC Group General Manager (east zone) Debasish Chanda said that there were, however, tweets by at least 23 passengers travelling by the same train that reached Howrah last evening stating that the quality and taste of the food served to them were good.
“The gentleman may not have liked the taste, but the food served to him was definitely not stale,” Chanda said.
He said that despite that, an enquiry was ordered immediately after the complaint was lodged yesterday.
IRCTC officials said that the passenger has said that he generally travels in higher class, but was travelling in the Sleeper class during this journey since he could get a confirmed ticket in the air conditioned classes.
This may have led to his not liking the taste of the food served to him in the particular class, an official said.
- GST rates cut: From refrigerator to washing machine, 88 items to get cheaper
- 3 terrorists killed in encounter in Jammu & Kashmir’s Kulgam district
- GST rates slashed on several products
- Won’t join NDA for 2019 elections, says Chandrababu Naidu
- TMC will sweep in all 42 Lok Sabha seats in West Bengal, says Mamata Banerjee
Editor's Picks »
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself