Turkey says US sanctions pressure will only harm ties, wants dialogue
Turkey added that they would continue to retaliate as necessary against US tariffs
Ankara: Turkey on Friday warned the United States that sanctions and pressure would only serve to harm ties between the two NATO allies, adding Ankara would continue to retaliate as necessary against US tariffs.
Foreign ministry spokesman Hami Aksoy also said in a statement that Turkey wanted issues to be solved through diplomacy, dialogue, good intentions and bilateral understanding.
- EPFO seeks EC’s nod for board meeting ahead of assembly polls
- India, Afghanistan and Iran meet in Tehran in a bid to fast-track Chabahar port project
- Kerala CM P. Vijayan tears into Sangh on Sabarimala
- #MeToo movement should reach small towns and villages: DCW chief
- 2 killed, several injured in stampede at Santragachi railway station in West Bengal
Editor's Picks »
- Hindustan Zinc dividend payout offsets dull Q2 results
- Q2 results no blockbuster for Inox Leisure as margins disappoint
- NBFC scare shaves 8.5% of IndusInd Bank share price
- Q2 results portent a dull Diwali for paint stocks investors
- Reliance Jio seen overtaking Vodafone Idea, Airtel to become India’s largest telecom firm by 2018-end