GST collection drops to ₹94,726 crore in December
Of the ₹94,726 crore collected, Central GST collection is ₹16,442 crore, State GST collection is ₹22,459 crore, Integrated GST collection is ₹47,936 crore and Cess is ₹7,888 crore
New Delhi: GST collection dropped to ₹94,726 crore in December 2018, lower than ₹97,637 crore collected in the previous month. The total number of sales returns or GSTR-3B filed till 30 December 2018, is 72.44 lakh, the finance ministry said in a statement.
GST compensation released to states for August-September stood at ₹11,922 crore. Of the ₹94,726 crore collected, Central GST collection is ₹16,442 crore, State GST collection is ₹22,459 crore, Integrated GST collection is ₹47,936 crore and Cess is ₹7,888 crore. The government has settled ₹18,409 crore to CGST and ₹14,793 crore to SGST from IGST as regular settlement, it said.
The total revenue earned by central government and state governments after regular settlement in December is ₹43,851 crore for CGST and ₹46,252 crore for SGST, the ministry added.
The GST collection stood at ₹1.03 trillion in April, ₹94,016 crore in May, ₹95,610 crore in June, ₹96,483 crore in July, ₹93,960 crore in August, ₹94,442 crore in September, ₹100,710 crore in October and ₹97,637 crore in November.
Editor's Picks »
- Game of Thrones is coming to phones in China, thanks to Tencent
- Sensex edges higher, RIL shares up ahead of earnings
- Earthquake with 6.0 magnitude hits Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Microsoft pledges $500 million to boost affordable housing in Seattle
- Petrol, diesel prices jump by about Rs 2 this year. 5 things to know
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies
- 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Is GST going the VAT way?
- Mindtree delivers stable Q3 results after a shock Q2
- RIL Q3 results: Will Reliance Jio, Reliance Retail make up for lost energy?
- Why Tata Motors’ Project Charge at JLR is failing to recharge its shares