Donald Trump ridicules female journalist’s looks, calls her crazy
In a series of tweets on Thursday morning, Donald Trump went after Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough, who have criticized Trump on their MSNBC show ‘Morning Joe’
- US-led trade war has become biggest ‘confidence killer’ for global economy, says China
- US metals tariffs worrisome, Rajya Sabha told
- Uttar Pradesh govt employees to get double HRA, CCA
- Iran sanctions may nudge India closer to US oil
- Government hikes sugarcane price by ₹20 per quintal for next marketing year
Washington: US President Donald Trump ridiculed the looks and temperament of a female journalist whose TV show he says he has stopped watching.
In a series of tweets on Thursday morning, the president went after Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough, who have criticized Trump on their MSNBC show “Morning Joe.”
“I heard poorly rated @Morning Joe speaks badly of me (don’t watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came ... to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year’s Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!”
Brzezinski responded on Twitter by posting a photograph of a Cheerios box that has the phrase “made for little hands.” Critics looking to get under the president’s skin have long suggested that his hands appear smaller than usual for his frame.
“It’s a sad day for America when the president spends his time bullying, lying and spewing petty personal attacks instead of doing his job,” NBC News spokeswoman Lorie Acio said in a statement.
The White House did not immediately respond to questions about the tweets, including what it was that set the president off.
About two hours before the president’s tweets, Brzezinski said on the show that “it’s not normal behaviour” for any leader to be tweeting about people’s appearances, bullying, lying, undermining managers and throwing people under the bus.
Saying that if any business executive behaved the way Trump does, “There would be concern that perhaps the person who runs the company is out of his mind.”
On their Wednesday show, Brzezinski and Scarborough roundly mocked Trump for displaying in several of his golf resorts a fake Time Magazine cover featuring himself.
“That’s needy,” Brzezinski said on the show.
About 15 minutes before the president himself tweeted, White House social media director Dan Scavino similarly attacked the hosts.
“#DumbAsARockMika and lover #JealousJoe are lost, confused & saddened since @POTUS @realDonaldTrump stopped returning their calls! Unhinged,” Scavino wrote on his personal account.
Trump was correct that the MSNBC hosts spent time at the president’s Florida resort, a visit that Scarborough said was to arrange a Trump interview.
The hosts confirmed they are engaged to be married earlier this month.
David Bauder contributed to this report.
Editor's Picks »
- Amitabh Bachchan, daughter Shweta feature in Kalyan Jewellers’ silver jubilee ad
- Air India sell-off to be revisited after oil, rupee stabilise
- Home DNA Testing Gains Popularity in Aging Japan
- Google’s eight years of antitrust battles at the European Union
- Friend or foe? EU risks Donald Trump Twitter storm with Google fine
- Fund managers slashing allocations to equities in emerging markets, shows BAML survey
- ICICI Lombard tightens grip on profitability in a lean growth quarter
- TCNS Clothing IPO: Valuations capture the upsides adequately
- Nightmare of Indian Accounting Standard 115 comes to haunt firms in the real estate sector
- What is driving the optimism in stocks of paint companies?