Sushma Swaraj holds trade talks with Luxembourg PM Xavier Bettel
Sushma Swaraj, who arrived in Luxembourg on the third leg of her four-nation tour on Tuesday, became the first external affairs minister from India to visit the European country
Luxembourg City: External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj on Wednesday called on the Prime Minister of Luxembourg Xavier Bettel and discussed ways to expand bilateral cooperation in trade and investment, space, digital India and people-to-people relationship.
Swaraj, who arrived in Luxembourg on the third leg of her four-nation tour on Tuesday, became the first external affairs minister from India to visit the European country.
MEA spokesperson Raveesh Kumar tweeted: “Business starts early! EAM @SushmaSwaraj had a warm meeting with the Prime Minister of #Luxembourg Xavier Bettel, a friend of India. Discussions focused on expanding cooperation in trade and investment, space, digital India and people-to-people relationship”.
Swaraj also made a courtesy call on the grand duke of Luxembourg, Henri Albert Gabriel Felix Marie Guillaume, and exchanged views to further strengthen the 70 years of diplomatic relationship between India and Luxembourg, and impart an upward trajectory to our bilateral ties, Kumar said.
Swaraj also had a productive meeting with minister of foreign and European affairs of Luxembourg Jean Asselborn. The two leaders discussed cooperation in trade and investment, steel and space, and exchanged views on strengthening India-European Union relations, said Kumar.
India and Luxembourg are celebrating 70 years of their diplomatic relations.
- India may look to lock in oil futures to stem rupee slide
- BRICS bank approves $525 million loan for infra projects in Madhya Pradesh
- Govt mulls a third notice to WhatsApp over ‘traceability’ of messages
- India engages with US to ensure energy security amid Iran sanctions
- Indian economy to reach $5 trillion by 2022, says PM Modi
Editor's Picks »
- Pidilite’s shares hold their ground despite weak rupee and rising crude
- Automobile sector shares trip on rising risks to earnings growth
- Steel companies are taking a shine to their home market
- Investments in HDFC AMC shares are subject to regulatory risks
- Spot electricity prices: Seasonal spikes becoming structural issue