NGT caps number of devotees visiting Vaishno Devi shrine each day to 50,000
National Green Tribunal also says a new path to Vaishno Devi exclusively for pedestrians and battery-operated cars will be opened from 24 November
New Delhi: The National Green Tribunal (NGT) on Monday capped the number of devotees that will be allowed to visit Vaishno Devi shrine in Jammu and Kashmir at 50,000 a day.
NGT said that once the limit for the day is reached, pilgrims will be stopped at Ardhkuwari or Katra town.
The green court also said that a new path to Vaishno Devi exclusively for pedestrians and battery-operated cars will be opened from 24 November,
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars