Donald Trump ousts Anthony Scaramucci as communications director
Anthony Scaramucci has been removed as White House communications director just 10 days after he joined Donald Trump’s staff
Washington: Financier Anthony Scaramucci has been removed from his new job as White House communications director just 10 days after he joined President Donald Trump’s staff, the White House said in a statement.
“Mr. Scaramucci felt it was best to give chief of staff John Kelly a clean slate and the ability to build his own team,” the statement said.
The New York Times first reported Scaramucci’s removal and said Trump made the decision at the request of Kelly, who replaced Reince Priebus on Friday.
The timing of Scaramucci’s ouster, whether at the hand of Trump or at the insistence of Kelly, is a strong signal to the rest of the administration that the president’s new chief of staff has broad authority to impose discipline.
Scaramucci last week profanely criticized both Priebus and White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon in an interview published by the New Yorker. The vulgarity-laced tirade did not help his standing within the White House, according to one person close to Trump. Bloomberg
- Ties between AIADMK, BJP hit a rough patch over income tax raids
- ED files supplementary charge sheet in AgustaWestland chopper scam case
- Supreme Court on Sabarimala: All men and women have equal right to worship
- US offers India armed version of Guardian drone
- Railways commissioned 30% fewer tracks in FY18, the lowest in first 4 years of Modi govt
Editor's Picks »
- France’s Engie appoints Rothschild to find a buyer for Indian solar biz
- Going into 2019, has brand Modi lost some of its sheen?
- Sun Pharma’s cancer injection from Halol plant gets USFDA nod
- A click moment for us was raising ₹100 crore in seed round to chase our dreams: Manish Lunia
- HDFC mutual fund arm to launch its ₹2,800 crore initial share sale next week
- Fund managers slashing allocations to equities in emerging markets, shows BAML survey
- ICICI Lombard tightens grip on profitability in a lean growth quarter
- TCNS Clothing IPO: Valuations capture the upsides adequately
- Nightmare of Indian Accounting Standard 115 comes to haunt firms in the real estate sector
- What is driving the optimism in stocks of paint companies?