J&K: Army foils infiltration bid along LoC in Kupwara, 2 militants killed
Two militants were killed as the Indian Army foiled an infiltration bid along LoC in Machhil sector of Kupwara in north Kashmir, said defence officials
Srinagar: Two militants were killed on Saturday as the Indian Army foiled an infiltration bid along the line of control (LoC) in Machhil sector of north Kashmir’s Kupwara district, defence officials said in Srinagar.
“An infiltration bid has been foiled in Machhil sector and two terrorists have been killed,” defence spokesman Col. Rajesh Kalia said.
He said troops noticed suspicious movement along the LoC and challenged the intruders, leading to a gunfight in which the two militants were killed. Weapons have been recovered from the slain militants, the spokesman said.
- Motorcycles matter as trade tensions rise
- India’s future lies in creating carbon-neutral cities, says Danfoss India’s Purushothaman
- Rural neglect cause for urban woes: Nitin Gadkari
- ‘Smart cities are not only about sensors and gadgets but also mobility, development, jobs’
- Panama Papers leak: Government vows time-bound probe
Editor's Picks »
- Why Indian paint makers are shifting to water-based paints
- 2019 elections still some time away but defence stocks get the jitters
- Complan and Horlicks sale signals low energy in health drinks market
- With fall of the last dove, MPC minutes portend more than one RBI rate hike
- RITES IPO ticks the valuations box, but not the growth one