Avalanche warning issued for some districts in J&K, Himachal, Uttarakhand
Chandigarh-based SASE issues avalanche warning for some avalanche-prone districts of Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal and Uttarakhand, asks people not to venture in the areas
Chandigarh: An avalanche warning was issued on Tuesday for some avalanche-prone districts of Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
Chandigarh-based Snow and Avalanche Study Establishment (SASE) issued the warning valid for the next 24 hours starting at 5:00pm today.
A SASE advisory said a high danger avalanche warning was issued for avalanche-prone areas in Baramulla and Kupwara districts of Jammu and Kashmir while a medium danger avalanche warning was issued for Ganderbal, Bandipora and Kargil districts of the state.
A low danger avalanche warning was issued for Anantnag, Ramban and Leh districts of the state. A medium danger avalanche warning for the same period was issued for avalanche-prone areas of Lahaul and Spiti, Kullu and Chamba districts of Himachal Pradesh, and low danger warning was issued for Kinnaur district of the state, the advisory said.
For Uttarakhand, a low danger avalanche warning for the same period was issued for prone areas of Uttarkashi, Chamoli, Rudraprayag, Pithoragarh and Tehri Garhwal districts.
“People are advised not to venture in avalanche-prone slopes or areas,” it said.
The advisory further said that fresh snowfall had occurred at many places in Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh since yesterday. Banihal Top in Jammu and Kashmir had received 51 cm of snow while Gulmarg got 32 cm and Drass 28 cm. In Himachal Pradesh, Dhundi received 76 cm of snow while Patseo got 58 cm of snowfall
- Govt schemes helped 22 crore poor families, says Amit Shah
- Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina asks India for support on Rohingyas
- Donald Trump says US North Korea summit ‘could’ happen on 12 June
- Sterlite protests: Thoothukudi limping back to normalcy but anguish, pain remain
- CBDT chairman Sushil Chandra gets one-year extension
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars