GSTN utility for exporters to claim refunds to go live on Wednesday night
Refund claims can be filled for July-September and that would be matched with the corresponding GSTR-3B filed by the exporter
New Delhi: Merchant exporters can start claiming tax refunds using the new utility that will be activated on the GST Network (GSTN) portal on Wednesday night, GSTN chief executive officer (CEO) Prakash Kumar said. With the new utility RFD-1A, a merchant exporter can claim refund of goods and services tax (GST) paid at the time of buying goods which he has exported in the relevant month.
“GST RFD-1A for refund of input tax credit on export of goods and services and additional amount in cash ledger would go live on GSTN portal tonight,” Kumar told PTI.
The refund claims can be filled for July-September and that would be matched with the corresponding GSTR-3B filed by the exporter. Earlier, GSTN had launched the utility for processing refund claims by manufacturing exporters who had paid integrated GST (IGST) while exporting goods.
Kumar further said a new functionality has been introduced on the portal that enables businesses to engage and disengage a GST practitioner (GSTP). As many as 46,000 people have applied for enrolling themselves as GST practitioners and central tax officers are in the process of validating their applications.
“The list of practitioners would be put up on the GSTN portal and businesses can search for a GSTP in their locality and send request. The practitioner can then decide to accept it or reject,” Kumar said. He added that once the business appoints a practitioner, any communication sent to the taxpayer would be automatically sent to the authorised GSTP as well.
Besides, GSTN has come out with form REG-09 for registration of non-resident taxable persons who engage in supply of goods or services occasionally, but have no fixed place of business in India. All foreign exhibitors participating in fairs like IITF who also want to sell their goods are required to register as non-resident taxpayer, Kumar said.
- Sushma Swaraj holds trade talks with Luxembourg PM Xavier Bettel
- Indonesia calls for stronger trade links
- Govt issues draft cross-border insolvency norms, seeks public comments
- CBI asked to conclude Saradha, Narada probes
- Buoyant stock market, real estate made Indian HNIs wealth grow fastest in 2017: report
Editor's Picks »
- With fall of the last dove, MPC minutes portend more than one RBI rate hike
- RITES IPO ticks the valuations box, but not the growth one
- Is Reliance Jio really India’s most profitable telecom firm?
- How US-China trade war will affect India
- Dear ICICI Bank board, giving a red card to Chanda Kochhar is not enough