Govt approves setting up 100 AYUSH hospitals: Shripad Yesso Naik
- What global finance chiefs are saying about the global economy
- Walmart sees Flipkart as key to atone for missteps in China
- Infosys to renew focus on digital services
- Market LIVE: Sensex, Nifty trade higher, Bharti Airtel, metal stocks fall
- Airtel Q4 results today: Investors to look out for comments on tariff war
Thanjavur: The Centre has approved proposals for setting up of 100 Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy (AYUSH) hospitals across the country, minister of state for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik has said.
The minister said during the last three years the Union government had approved posting of 4000 AYUSH doctors in primary health centres across the country. “The salary is being paid by the Union government,” he told reporters in Thanjavur Monday night.
He also said an AYUSH hospital equivalent to AIIMS would be opened within a month at New Delhi.
The ministry has approved setting up of two 50-bed integrated AYUSH hospitals at Theni and Tiruvannamalai districts in Tamil Nadu, he said. A total of Rs283.6 lakh has been released out of sanctioned amount of Rs563 crore for conservation and development for medicinal plants across Tamil Nadu, the minister added.