That G7 photo: Who’s trumping whom? It’s perspective, stupid
The G7’s power equation, it seems, lies in the angle of the beholder
Group of 7, or G7, leaders gathered in Canada on Saturday to hash out a statement they all could agree to. Donald Trump ultimately dashed those hopes, but it was that session that produced the summit’s iconic image—or rather, images.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s office released a photo (top) that showed her leaning over a table to confront Trump. A White House version (above, left) showed Trump with his arms crossed, smiling as everyone gathered around him.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s take was released with a wider frame, making sure the host, absent from most other images, was visible. The G7’s power equation, it seems, lies in the angle of the beholder.
- For South Asian mothers, daughters are worth fighting for
- Why tribal votes are pivotal in Chhattisgarh, MP and Rajasthan elections
- Rahul Gandhi to campaign in Telangana on 20 October
- Palaniswami turns to PM Modi over Tamil Nadu fishermen held captive in Sri Lanka
- As poll battle intensifies, PM Modi to address 20 meetings in 3 states