Delhi Book Fair to begin on 26 August
New Delhi: The 23rd edition of the annual Delhi Book Fair will begin at Pragati Maidan from 26 August, the Indian Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) has announced.
The nine-day-long fair, organized by ITPO in association with the Federation of Indian Publishers, aims to promote literacy and good reading habits among children and the youth by offering vast literature on a wide range of subjects.
“Delhi Book Fair is playing a pivotal role in reiterating the might of the pen and the printed world and has come to be recognized as the biggest book bonanza keenly awaited by students, teachers, scholars, authors, intellectuals, librarians and book lovers,” the ITPO wrote on its official website. The fair will provide a platform for business-to-business transactions, establishing new contacts, entering into co-publishing arrangements, translation and copyright arrangements, reprinting of old and rare books, apart from providing retailing opportunities as a multitude of visitors to the fair.
A number of conferences and seminars, buyer-seller meets, book releases, book discussions, literary activities for children and meet-the-author sessions will be organized during the fair.
- Brent oil hits highest since late 2014 as supplies tighten amid strong demand
- Trump administration plans to end work permits for H-1B visa holders’ spouses
- Deals Buzz: Fresh hurdles for Numetal, ArcelorMittal in Essar Steel sale
- Proxy advisor questions legitimacy of Fortis Healthcare sale process; warns of class action suit
- USFDA finishes inspection at Alembic Pharma’s Panelav plant, shares rise on BSE