Supreme Court and gender justice
- Modi-Putin informal summit: PM arrives in Sochi, to focus on global, regional issues
- Purana Qila to exhibit artefacts, pottery from Harappa, Mohenjodaro
- UAE to allow 100% business ownership to foreign investors
- What India can learn from failure of Malaysia’s GST
- Nicolas Maduro wins Venezuelan election, risking harsh oil sanctions
The Supreme Court has, from time to time, helped in securing the rights of women when personal laws didn’t.
What the court will rule in the case on the validity of triple talaq will also be significant.
Here’s a look at gender-positive rulings by the Supreme Court over the years: