Social security for senior citizens
- Kumaraswamy takes oath as Karnataka chief minister today
- Railways invites applications for recruitment to 9,739 posts in RPF, RPSF
- Centre to extend key schemes to all villages: Amit Shah
- Fuel price hike: Govt to find a way out, says Union minister Shiv Pratab Shukla
- Sterlite protest turns violent in Tamil Nadu, 11 killed in police firing
The National Democratic Alliance’s promise of providing social security to India’s elderly remains a major challenge, showed a survey done by Agewell Research and Advocacy Centre ahead of the United Nations International Day of Older Persons on 1 October. It found that most of India’s elderly don’t have a stable source of income and at the same time have to pay for rising medical costs.