North Korea could become global threat, says US official
US undersecretary of state said that North Korea’s nuclear and intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) programme would make the reclusive state a global threat
- Gender inequalities driving child stunting in India: IFPRI study
- Maharashtra MLC polls: Sena, BJP win 2 seats each
- Panel reviewing safety of banned FDC drugs to submit report in July
- Kairana: Opposition looks to resurrect Muslim-Jat alliance to trump BJP
- Andhra plans Rs51,000 crore capex in 1st phase of Amaravati project
Tokyo: US undersecretary of state Thomas Shannon said on Tuesday that North Korea’s nuclear and intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) programme would make the reclusive state a global threat if it became successful over time.
Shannon made the comment to reporters in Tokyo after his meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s top national security adviser, Shotaro Yachi.
Under third-generation leader Kim Jong-un, North Korea has been conducting missile tests at an unprecedented pace in an effort to develop an intercontinental ballistic missile capable of striking the mainland United States. Reuters