Gatimaan completes maiden trip, crosses 165 km per hour
New Delhi: Gatimaan Express, India’s first high speed train, completed its maiden trip of 188 kilometres in 101 minutes.
As soon as the train crossed Vallabgarh station, it started touching the speed of 160km per hour. The speed crossed 165km per hour as well.
On the way from New Delhi to Agra, the train travelled 120km with a speed of above 160km per hour. This happened despite around 20 caution points en route.
Earlier in the day, railway minister Suresh Prabhu flagged off Gatimaan Express. The train runs from Hazrat Nizammuddin station to Agra Cantt.
The Indian Railways has scored many firsts with the Gatimaan Express. Here are some:
1. You will find women hostesses in trains serving you.
2. You will get free entertainment on board. To access it, you need smartphones and have to connect to myfreetv.in where you can find entertainment like movies, songs, serials and also access YouTube videos
3. The train will hit a speed of 160km per hour that too during the day.
4. The menu will include choices from croissant, whole-wheat upma, cake slices, butter scotch ice cream, walnut cake slice and seasonal fruits, among other new additions.
5. The fare for the AC chair car of Gatimaan Express car Rs.750 and for the executive class, Rs.1,500.