Companies under insolvency process to face additional surveillance from 11 June
Data available with BSE shows that 75 firms, including Bhushan Steel, Jaypee Infratech and Ruchi Soya Industries are undergoing insolvency process as per IBC
Mumbai:Markets regulator Sebi and stock exchanges will put in place additional surveillance measures for companies that are undergoing insolvency resolution process (IRP) from Monday, according to the leading bourse BSE.
The data available with the BSE shows that 75 firms, including ABG Shipyard, Amtek Auto, Bhushan Steel, Jaypee Infratech, Electrosteel Steels, Mandhana Industries, Monnet Ispat & Energy, Ruchi Soya Industries, Supreme Tex Mart, Vardhman Industries and Rei Agro, are undergoing insolvency process as per the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC).
In order to enhance market integrity and safeguard investors’ interest, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) and the exchanges have been introducing various enhanced pre-emptive surveillance measures such as reduction in price band, periodic call auction and transfer of securities to trade to trade category from time to time.
“In continuation to various surveillance measures already implemented, Sebi and exchanges, pursuant to discussions in joint surveillance meetings, have decided that along with the aforesaid measures there shall be surveillance measures for companies that are undergoing IRP as per IBC w.e.f June 11, 2018,” the BSE said in a release on Saturday.
These companies undergoing insolvency process as per the IBC would be monitored on a pre-determined objective criteria and the margin on securities would be “levied at the rate of 100 per cent once the criteria gets satisfied”.
“These securities shall be further monitored for an objective criteria and shall be shifted to trade for trade segment once the criteria gets satisfied,” BSE said.
As per the BSE, the “surveillance measures shall be in conjunction with all other prevailing surveillance measures” being imposed by the exchanges from time to time.
- BEST union to withdraw stir, accepts 10-step pay hike formula
- SC agrees to hear challenge to Nageswara Rao’s appointment as interim CBI director
- 7th pay commission: Govt approves recommendations for teachers of technical institutions
- Ravi Shankar Prasad’s condition is now stable: AIIMS sources
- The electoral math behind the upper caste quota
Editor's Picks »
- Maker of Epigamia yogurt gets fresh funding from Danone’s investment arm
- Truecaller starts storing its entire Indian user data locally
- Now, you can lace new Nike Adapt BB shoes with your smartphone
- ‘Choose Your Own Adventure’ publisher files $25-million lawsuit against Netflix over ‘Bandersnatch’
- Instamojo raises Rs 50 crore in Series B from Gunosy, Kalaari and other investors
- Why Tata Motors’ Project Charge at JLR is failing to recharge its shares
- Outlook on global profit growth worst since 2008 financial crisis
- Q3 results: ICICI Securities loses its retail broking crown
- High drug approvals to keep up pricing pressure for pharma firms
- Roads sector: Toll collections set to surge, but risks loom for developers