El Nino could return in second half of 2017: WMO
- Trade war: China renews pledges to open economy, protect intellectual property rights
- 1 militant killed in encounter in Kashmir’s Budgam district
- JD (S) releases 3D game to shed anti-urban image
- Steve Smith admit ball tampering in 3rd test against South Africa
- Students march across US demanding stricter gun laws after mass shootings
Geneva: El Nino weather conditions could return to heat up the planet later this year, although neutral conditions are slightly more likely, the UN’s World Meteorological Organization (WMO) said in a statement on Thursday.
Climate models surveyed by the WMO suggested a 50% chance of neutral conditions continuing in the second half of 2017, with a 35-40% chance of El Nino developing, and only a slight chance of La Nina, which tends to have a cooling effect. Reuters