Hurricane Jose to be near northern Leeward Islands tomorrow: NHC
Hurricane Jose is maintaining strength and is expected to be located near the northern Leeward Islands tomorrow, says US National Hurricane Center (NHC)
Bengaluru: Hurricane Jose is maintaining strength and is expected to be located near the northern Leeward Islands on Saturday, the US National Hurricane Center (NHC) said.
The Category 3 Hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Wind Scale is about 635 miles (1,020 km) east-southeast of the northern Leeward Islands, packing maximum sustained winds of 120 miles per hour (195 kph), the NHC said on Thursday.
Some slight strengthening is possible during the next day or so, the Miami-based weather forecaster said. Reuters
- CBI asked to conclude Saradha, Narada probes
- Buoyant stock market, real estate made Indian HNIs wealth grow fastest in 2017: report
- US quits UN Human Rights Council, scorning it as anti-Israel
- Over 7,000 people from India applied for asylum in US in 2017: UN report
- President Ram Nath Kovind approves governor’s rule in J&K even as parties call for fresh elections
Editor's Picks »
- With fall of the last dove, MPC minutes portend more than one RBI rate hike
- RITES IPO ticks the valuations box, but not the growth one
- Is Reliance Jio really India’s most profitable telecom firm?
- How US-China trade war will affect India
- Dear ICICI Bank board, giving a red card to Chanda Kochhar is not enough