Scottish parliament evacuated after a suspicious package found
The Scottish parliament was evacuated today following the discovery of a suspicious package
Edinburgh: The Scottish parliament was evacuated on Tuesday following the discovery of a suspicious package.
“An incident has occurred requiring the evacuation of the MSP building at Holyrood,” the parliament said in a statement. “Police in Edinburgh responded to the Scottish Parliament at around 11.35am on Tuesday 7th November following the discovery of a suspicious package,” police said in a statement.
“The police are in attendance at the scene.”
“The building has been evacuated as a precaution and inquiries are continuing.”
A BBC reporter said on Twitter that a package containing white powder had been sent to a lawmaker. Reuters
- Sushma Swaraj holds trade talks with Luxembourg PM Xavier Bettel
- Indonesia calls for stronger trade links
- Govt issues draft cross-border insolvency norms, seeks public comments
- CBI asked to conclude Saradha, Narada probes
- Buoyant stock market, real estate made Indian HNIs wealth grow fastest in 2017: report
Editor's Picks »
- With fall of the last dove, MPC minutes portend more than one RBI rate hike
- RITES IPO ticks the valuations box, but not the growth one
- Is Reliance Jio really India’s most profitable telecom firm?
- How US-China trade war will affect India
- Dear ICICI Bank board, giving a red card to Chanda Kochhar is not enough