India’s April infrastructure output growth at 17-month high
- Amit Shah says ordinance shows Modi govt’s commitment to women’s safety
- Sanskrit most suitable for machine learning, AI: Ram Nath Kovind
- Aadhaar seeding must for bank accounts under KYC norms, says new RBI guidelines
- IMF, World Bank must develop strategy for enhancing public debt transparency: India
- CPM rules out alliance with Congress, but to have ‘understanding’
New Delhi: India’s infrastructure output grew an annual 8.5% in April, at its fastest pace in 17 months, mainly helped by a favourable base effect, government data showed.
The output expanded 2.7% for the fiscal year 2015/16 that ended on March 31, compared with a 4.5% growth in the previous fiscal year, the data showed on Tuesday.
Electricity production grew 14.7% and fertiliser output jumped 7.8% in March from a year earlier, the data showed. Reuters